Web Payment Systems are gateways that don't provide real time credit card processing and require
that users make payments through their web interface.
Once you have registered an account with such a gateway, you enter the account details in H-Sphere.
When clients select a web payment system during signup, H-Sphere passes account ID, amount payable,
and possibly other details to the gateway. The user is then taken to the gateway's web control panel
to enter the credit card number and complete the transaction. When you receive the payment, you need to
manually credit this user's account through the H-Sphere admin
interface, as you would do in processing check payments.
Since H-Sphere doesn't store credit card numbers of customers using web payment systems, their
further payments also take place beyond H-Sphere.
To configure a web payment system with H-Sphere:
- Register an online account with this web payment system.
- In H-Sphere admin control panel, select Merchant Gateways in the Settings menu:
- Select the payment system from the drop-down menu and click Edit:
- Enter your account settings (for instructions, follow links in the blue box on the right).
- Once you enter correct settings, the web payment system will appear in the list as active:
Deactivating a payment system disable it for new signups and existing accounts.
Although the gateway settings will be preserved, users won't be able to make payments from H-Sphere.
You can also deactivate payment systems from their configuration pages.