EasyApp SDK is a standard development kit for easy integration of PHP/MySQL applications to H-Sphere.
The goal of SDK is to provide the developer with the ability to generate H-Sphere package without
programming any java or html UI code. It should be useful to integrate applications like phpBB2, Mambo,
phpMyChat, b2evolution, PHPnuke, etc.
The user gets a web installer which collects application installation data (db username, db
password, email, etc.), then writes it to config files and populates app database with the specified
Positive Software offers its own collection of over 20 popular PHP/MySQL applications. They are
available for download from our website.
To use EasyApp SDK, make sure you have the following software installed:
- Java 1.3 or higher
- Apache Ant 1.6.1 or higher - a Java-based build tool
- JUnit - a framework to write repeatable tests. It is
recommended but optional.
Building Application Packages
- Download EasyAppSDK zip
- Unzip generated SDK from the dist directory to the server (or under the user) where you
will build the package.
- Create the collection directory. The contents of the original
collection directory with only one application as an example is
available for reference.
You can also download the
entire directory with all applications from our own collection (38 MB).
- Setup a separate directory inside the collections directory for each application that you want to include
into the package.
- Create main.xml descriptor in the application
directory for each application you want in the package.
- Place application tarball in the application directory (.tar.gz, .tgz, .zip extensions are
- Place application configs, sql templates, and logo into the application directory.
- Inside the collections directory create
- Inside the collections directory, create menu & hsphere_lang language files with all the
- Place icons for different h-sphere designs into the collections directory. The icons must represent your
package on the home page of the user control panel.
- Setup yafv file for the collection file.
As the result, you should get h-sphere package in the pkg/ directory.
Now you can install the package according to our documentation on