Starting with version 1.3.33, sources of apache for H-Sphere are available
for download in a tarball with an installer.
Apache tarball (hsphere-apache-webbox-1.3.33-x) has the following structure:
|-- config (this directory has configuration files for all included software)
|-- startup (this directory has apache startup scripts for different operating systems)
|-- src (this directory has the applicable patches;
| | this is also where the tarballs will be downloaded)
| |-- LIST (this file lists the tarballs that will be downloaded)
|-- install (installation script, must be run after the download script)
|-- download (download script, downloads the tarballs to be installed)
Note: the config and startup directories are not
installed during the installation/upgrade procedure!
Files in these directories need to be manually re-configured and placed
to corresponding locations on your server.
To install or update apache manually:
- Log into the web/mail server as root:
- Download the installer:
- Untar and enter the installer directory:
tar -zxf hsphere-apache-webbox-1.3.33-2.tgz
- Run the ./download script. It will download source tarballs for apache into the src directory.
The list of packages is available in the src/LIST/ directory.
- Make all necessary changes to the sources.
- Run the install file. It will configure, compile, and install apache.