H-Sphere versions: 2.4.1 Patch 2 and higher
We recommend upgrading your PostgreSQL user database servers
and the system PostgreSQL to version 7.4.8 for better performance on the Control Panel server.
This script includes PostgreSQL Security Release for 7.4.8
- Character conversion vulnerability
- contrib/tsearch2 module vulnerability to avoid unsafe use of INTERNAL function results
Read more at:
- H-Sphere 2.4.1 Patch 2 and higher. With H-Sphere older than 2.4.1 Patch 2, Postgres update can stop H-Sphere work.
- If your Postgres is older than v.7.2, manual update is highly recommended.
- Log into your control panel server as root:
- Download the PostgreSQL 7.4.8 upgrade script from the psoft site:
- Unpack the archive:
tar -zxf u-pgsql-7.4.8.tar.gz
- Enter the unpacked directory:
- To upgrade all PostgreSQL servers, run the update.sh script:
To run the script and view the messages that appeared during installation, run the following command:
sh update.sh | tee update.log
It will copy the messages to the log file.