24 Sep 2003
This document explains how to update the ProFTPd server to 1.2.8p.
Everyone is recommended to upgrade. The procedure is performed on
the CP server and updates all web servers automatically.
- Log into your control panel server as root:
- Download the ProFTPd package from the psoft site:
- Unpack the archive:
tar -zxf proftpd-1.2.8p.tgz
- Enter the unpacked directory:
- Run the update:
If you experience problems after the upgrade (e.g. core dump or segmentation fault),
please try to perform the following actions:
- Log into your Web server under root.
- Back up the /hsphere/local/config/ftpd/sites directory on the web server.
- Remove all files from this directory
- Create the empty index.config.test and index.config files there.
- Repost FTP configuration for a Web server:
- Find out the ID of your Web logical server. For this, enter your admin Control Panel,
go to E.Manager->L.Servers, and you will see the list of logical servers,
each with its own ID.
- Log into CP server under the cpanel user and execute the following command:
java -Xms64M -Xmx128M psoft.hsphere.tools.PostFTPConfigs -lid webserver_id
where webserver_id is the Web logical server ID.
- Test if the proftpd service on the given Web server works correctly.
If the above procedure still doesn't help,
we recommend downgrading ProFTPd to 1.2.8.