This document explains how to update the ProFTPd server to 1.2.8p.
Everyone is recommended to upgrade. The procedure is performed on
the CP server and updates all web servers automatically.
- Log into your control panel server as root:
- Download the ProFTPd package from the psoft site:
- Unpack the archive:
tar -zxf proftpd-1.2.8p.tgz
- Enter the unpacked directory:
- Run the update:
If you experience problems after the upgrade (e.g. core dump or segmentation fault),
please try to perform the following actions:
- Log into your Web server under root.
- Back up the /hsphere/local/config/ftpd/sites directory on the web server.
- Remove all files from this directory
- Create the empty index.config.test and index.config files there.
- Repost FTP configuration for a Web server:
- Find out the ID of your Web logical server. For this, enter your admin Control Panel,
go to E.Manager->L.Servers, and you will see the list of logical servers,
each with its own ID.
- Log into CP server under the cpanel user and execute the following command:
java -Xms64M -Xmx128M psoft.hsphere.tools.PostFTPConfigs -lid webserver_id
where webserver_id is the Web logical server ID.
- Test if the proftpd service on the given Web server works correctly.
If the above procedure still doesn't help,
we recommend downgrading ProFTPd to 1.2.8.