Server Migration Request
To migrate H-Sphere servers by yourself, please refer to the following manuals:
Moving Mail Service
Moving CP Server
Alternatively, we are offering remote server migration by the Psoft team.
If your server migration involves a change of ISP, please also see requirements to
IP Migration Request.
Pricing. A one-to-one server migration
costs US $75, a more complex migration with merging or splitting servers costs US $110.
Migration services are free for
Hours. Migrations are performed on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays from 2:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Migrations are not performed on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays.
Requirements. Make sure you have applied the latest patch for this version.
Downtime. Migration may require CP downtime. Please ask PSoft support about your
Cautions for web servers.
- Check if any of the customer scripts use the server IP address.
Note all uses to update them right after the migration.
- Check if any of the customer scripts use absolute file paths if you are going to
change the location of user homes. Note all uses to update them right after the migration.
- Winbox only: Systems updated from versions prior to 2.4 have the old ODBC record format username-odbc_DNSname.
2.4+ installations use the new ODBC record format username_odbc_DNSname. If you've had the old format,
update it in ODBC calls in user scripts right after the migration.
To request server migration, contact support
and provide the following data. If the data is incomplete or doesn't comply to the below
requirements, the migration will be suspended (rescheduled).
- CP URL
- IPs of the source and target boxes
- IPs of the services to be moved
- Preferred migration time. Consider that the migration will cause H-Sphere CP down.
It must be scheduled not earlier than in 48 hours after submitting the migration request.
It is also highly advisable that you stay available during the migration process.
- Custom packages and settings. Specify if you have custom webmail, urchin,
merchant gateways with additional configuration requirements, miva etc.
Custom software migration costs $25/hour on top of other migration fees.
- Any other helpful information applicable to your particular situation.
Requirements. For the time of migration, please open port 873 (RSync).
More on firewall configuration
Please make a full backup of H-Sphere before the migration.