Mail Package Title
H-Sphere mail service is represented by mail package called
- hsphere-mail2-all-x - for HS 2.4 and up
- hsphere-mail-service-3-xx - for HS 2.4.3 and up
H-Sphere mail service includes popular mail applications:
- message transfer utility on the modified sendmail protocol.
(See Qmail configuration manual)
- virtual mail utility on the POP protocol.
- tcp server and related utilities.
- hsphere-autorespond - autoresponder.
- mailing list manager.
- qmail antivirus module.
Also, ClamAV and SpamAssassin require MySQL to store antivirus/antispam data, and,
since H-Sphere 2.4 Patch 4, they run under the supervise utility
of DJB daemontools.
H-Sphere mail service is normally installed by the H-Sphere server installation script as outlined in the
Adding Servers document and updated
with H-Sphere updates.