24 Jun 2004
H-Sphere Apache 1.3.31 is out, and all owners of
H-Sphere 2.3.2 and 2.4 are strongly recommended to upgrade.
The update also includes PHP v.4.3.6 for H-Sphere web servers.
The procedure is performed on the CP server and updates all web servers automatically.
Note: This update fixes a problem with FrontPage in Apache 1.3.31-10
and a mod_ssl vulnerability
in Apache 1.3.31-11.
Those who have already installed apache 1.3.31-10 or 1.3.31-11,
please download and install this update.
Make sure to meet these requirements before you start the upgrade. This is important!
- hsphere-apache-webbox-1.3.29-9 installed
- MySQL4x installed if you have a MySQL server running on the same box
- PHP 4.3.4 with MySQL4x support installed
- OpenSSL v.0.9.7c or later installed.
WARNING: If you have custom php modules installed on H-Sphere WEB boxes,
don't forget to back them up before upgrading the software. After the upgrade, set them back up and restart the service.
- Log into your control panel server as root:
- Download the Apache 1.3.31 package from the psoft site:
- Unpack the archive:
tar -zxf u-apache-1.3.31.tgz
- Enter the unpacked directory:
- Run the update:
The upgrade installs the following new apache packages on H-Sphere CP and WEB boxes:
RedHat 7.2, RedHat AS/ES/WS 2.1:
RedHat AS/ES/WS 3.x, CentOS 3.x: