H-Sphere versions: 2.4.1 Patch 2 and higher
We recommend upgrading your PostgreSQL user database servers
and the system PostgreSQL to version 7.4.7 for better performance on the Control Panel server.
- H-Sphere 2.4.1 Patch 2 and higher. With H-Sphere older than 2.4.1 Patch 2, Postgres update can stop H-Sphere work.
- If your Postgres is older than v.7.2, manual update is highly recommended
- Before upgrading Postgres, make sure your hsphere database is
converted to UNICODE.
Update Process Description:
First, the update stops the Control Panel and updates Postgres server.
Next, it restarts Control Panel with the new Postgres version.
Note: If the script runs into an error on a user database server,
it returns a respective message, skips the box and turns to the next box.
It's described in details in the recover-howto-eng.txt file
- Log into your control panel server as root:
- Unpack the archive:
tar -zxf u-pgsql-7.4.7.tar.gz
- Enter the unpacked directory:
- To upgrade all PostgreSQL servers, run the update.sh script:
To run the script and view the messages that appeared during installation, run the following command:
sh update.sh | tee update.log
It will copy the messages to the log file.